Airscout: Automated Wi-Fi® Readiness Solution
Service providers have found that simply looking at Signal Strength measurements and using a single instrument is not a true measure of the Wi-Fi user experience in the home. Current workflows results in un-characterized Wi-Fi environment causing high amount of customer service calls and truck rolls.
AirsScout provides an automated solution that surveys the residence from Layer 1 all the way through to the application layer. Providing technicians with a tool that distills complex measurements into easy to understand metrics; enabling technicians to convey to consumers whether their applications are supported where they need it.
This 2 minutes vídeo outlines benefits of AirScout.
- Optimize access point location and settings
- Opportunities to offer additional hardware (e.g. second AP or repeaters)
- Improving the quality of experience of Wi-Fi in homes and small businesses
- Reducing fault reports related to wireless LAN (Wi-Fi)
- Less frustration for end users
- Higher customer approval ratings.
- Reduction of customer “churn”
- Allows retention of installation records in the “cloud” for future reference by customer services
- Multiple client devices (up to 30)
- “Hands-off” automated testing
- Simultaneous testing from multiple locations
- Layer 1 through Layer 7 Active testing and analysis
- Multi-dimensional mapping on things such as Applications (HD Video, 4k Video)
- Intelligent channel selection
- Identifies Optimal Access Point location
- Application Support on iOS & Droid Tablets
- Customer friendly on-screen report to explain the whole-home Wi-Fi readiness
- Automatic “over-the-air” software updates pushed from tablet to devices